Alcohol at your Event


If you are planning to supply or sell alcohol in the Orewa Arts and Events Centre then you may need to apply for a special licence. Details can be found on the Auckland Council Special Events licence page

You don’t need a special licence if you are supplying alcohol, or guests are bringing their own alcohol, to a private event – as long as the public can’t access the event.

Please note, the special licence holder must control the liquor at the event and ensure statutory responsibilities are observed. This cannot be achieved if guests bring their own liquor and therefore you can’t get a Special Licence for BYO. Accordingly we may not permit BYO functions. Please talk to us about your function if you want to have BYO.

Alternatively if you are hiring a bar service provider, they will often do this for you.

Please click on the following link to view Bar Service Providers that we recommend: